Friday, February 1, 2013

I am a Masterpiece!

"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." ~Ephesians 2:10 NLT



I keep seeing this verse today coming up in different devotionals I read on email. I love to look at different translations of the Bible because they offer a slightly different look at the same meaning of a passage in Scripture. For example, some other translations use the word "workmanship" or "handiwork" in place of the NLT's version of "masterpiece".

I have to say that I do love the illustration here of being a "masterpiece". Truly, we can say we ALL are God's masterpieces. HE is the master, and HE has created us in HIS image.

You know, often-no let's be honest, most of the the time I do not feel much like a masterpiece. In pieces, maybe, but not something so grand as that- "a work done with extraordinary skill;" It's something I've always heard about...how we are created new in Christ. You can hear something your whole life but until you embrace it, it will just be words. God isn't moved by my good works to get Him to love me, HE loves me in spite of all I've done. HE already planned great things for me to do, but not as a way to get HIS love. HE has already freely given me LOVE whether or not I ever do ANYTHING for HIM. WOW. No matter how many times I hear it, each time it sinks in a little deeper into my spirit. I am a masterpiece, God's great handiwork, created new in Jesus so I can do all the great things HE planned for me to do before I was even born.

God has such a great plan for your life too. You may not feel like a masterpiece, maybe sometimes like me, you just feel in pieces. But you know what is so great about God, HE picks up those pieces and restores them. HE can make what is broken whole again. HE will even use those broken pieces to shine HIS light through so others may see HIS glory through HIS great workmanship. Simply Amazing!


"For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]." Ephesians 2:10 Amplified


Be Blessed,


No comments:

Post a Comment